Yay! Thanks for the nomination, Rhea dear, whose Mental DiarRhea I enjoy reading because of her musings, travel experiences and whatnot. I was excited to write this entry. And I think this is the perfect way to start the personal project for my favorite month. That is, to write an entry every day for the whole month of February.
So, what is the Liebster Award? It’s given to up-and-coming bloggers (ehem!) with less than 200 followers. It’s some sort of a pay-it-forward award or a chain letter in a different form. Someone nominates you, you nominate others. According to some bloggers liebster means “favorite”, “dearest” or “beloved” in German.
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I love to travel. I enjoy watching the world passing by on road trips. I crave the snobbish feel of the airports. Although, I’m not a big fan of the sea, I think boat rides are thrilling. In traveling you learn a lot of new things. Strange places become familiar, unfamiliar foods become instant favorites, foreign dialects become a fascination, and a rediscovering of one’s self happens each time.
2. Grammar Nazi Wannabe. It’s not a bad thing, right? It’s just that bad grammar is, well, bad. I don’t consider myself an expert, but sometimes it just turns me off seeing the improper use of “your” and “you’re”. Not to mention text messages that contain “kau”, “xa”, “mu”, etc. Maybe it’s because I took up a communication course in college and I took the lessons to heart. Hey, language is very important. It’s one of the things that set us apart from animals. We have a very sophisticated means of communication and we should value that and be mindful of its proper usage.
3. I have a thing for organizing events. I think it’s my passion. I get a kick out of the chaos that leads to the event and the fulfillment I get after it. Organizing a wedding is a dream. And organizing weddings and other events for a living is the goal.
4. I enjoy shopping alone. It’s fun to shop with a friend but I enjoy shopping more if I do it by myself. It gives me the freedom to go where I like, I guess.
5. I can be a very loyal and thoughtful friend; but I can also be the worst. I value friendship so much that sometimes I can even go the distance for a friend. I don’t have so many friends but I know the ones I have are the best for me. I’m easy to please, although I can be very conceited sometimes (pardon me, I’ve been an only child for 25 years). Just give me the respect, trust and care that I deserve and I can give more than that. Just don’t take me for granted and just don’t lie. I’m quite good at sensing if I am being lied to, and believe me, that really hurts. It’s as if I don’t deserve the truth. If that happens, FO (friendship over), or at least the affection wanes.
6. Appreciative of Everything Art. Maybe because I was born in February, the Arts Month, I am easily drawn to artsy-artsy things. From paintings (I’m not an expert but I know a good art when I see one), to films (I love watching movies and even pretend I can write reviews about them), to the sky during sunset and sunrise (don’t you just love the blend of colors at those times of the day?!) to ballets and musicals (but I don’t really like spending a lot of money to see them). Arts in various form with their unique beauty, I take them all in.
7. Underdeveloped Cooking Skill. Before Tita Gina came to our lives, I was the cook of our little family (Tatay and I). The skill is still there, though, and it usually comes out during holidays or whenever I crave pasta. Someday a part o me will be Julie in “Julie & Julia”.
8. Crybaby. I cannot master the art of preventing tears from falling in public during a tearjerker moment. Although, I’m a master of hiding the tears, or so I thought.
9. Social Media Consumer. I tweet a lot and I post to Instagram too much.
10. I like to claim that I’m decisive. The fickle-mindedness of a girl is just a myth. Some of us can make our minds in an instant and stick with it. My rule to myself is, If you are thinking twice or thrice about it, there’s a big chance you don’t want it. And it’s kinda hard to persuade me to do something I really don’t wanna do. But if I have set my mind on something, I’m gonna go for it no matter what.
11. Daughter and Big Sister. I strive to be a responsible daughter to my father and the best Ate to my little brother.
RHEA’S ELEVEN QUESTIONS
1. If you were to die today, what would be on your epitaph? (Note: Answer only if you’re considering it. Otherwise, proceed to question # 2).
2. If right now, you could whisper one word to a dear one’s ear (without having to explain it), what would that word be and why?
“Salamat.” For being one of the reasons I live.
3. Would you consider plastic surgery at some point in your life?
4. Have you ever self-diagnosed yourself for using Google?
More than a dozen of times. But I actually learned about GERD from Google before my gastro doc told me I have it. I know it’s bad to self-diagnose, but sometimes doctors here don’t have time to explain everything. Nakaka-praning nga lang minsan ang diagnoses ni Dr. Google.
5. What one piece of clothing would you rather die than be caught (not) wearing?
Hmm… underwear? At talagang hindi pa ako sigurado, eh, ‘no?
6. Rats, roaches, or lizards—Which one do you hate the most?
7. Would you date a celebrity/super model? Why or why not?
Sure, if it’s Johnny Depp or Rafael Nadal. Or kahit si Rafael Rosell na lang. I think it’s gonna be a great experience whether the result would be good or bad. How cool is it to claim “Oh, yeah, I’ve dated Johnny Depp/Rafael Nadal/Rafael Rosell at one point in my life.”
8. If you were to become an inanimate object, what would you be?
I’d be an airplane, so I can travel the world.
9. What is your favorite scent (not necessarily perfume)? What does it remind you of?
The scent of freshly-cut grass, reminds me of UP Naming Mahal, which always gives me this feeling of pride.
10. What song best describes your state of mind right now?
“Sleeps with Butterflies” by Tori Amis
11. When you hear the word “hurt”, what image(s) come to mind?
War, just like in “Hurt Locker”.
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FROM ME
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
2. If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
3. What’s the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
4. What are you most thankful for?
5. If money isn’t a problem, where do you want to go for a vacation and who are you going to bring with you?
6. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. If you could trade lives for 24 hours, who would you trade with?
9. What do you get from writing/blogging?
10. Name one famous person you want to meet.
11. List 5 things you are most likely to purchase in the next 72 hours.
AND MY NOMINEES ARE…
The rules say I should nominate 11. I can only give 6. And I’m not even sure if they have less than 200 followers. But I hope they “accept” their nomination. Happy blogging! 🙂